Tuesday, February 26, 2008

dismant-AL & assemb-AL

Al had his hands full this weekend. Our new home has been a project and a half. The latest project is a kitchen re-do which includes removing a wall between kitchen and dining room. Here's Al in the process:



Here's a pic of the wall gone:


The project will include removing the old windows and door on the kitchen wall to my right in pic's. Those will be replaced by a triple panel french door (outswing type). Those old windows in the dining room will come out and that whole back wall in dining room will be large casement windows. Outside will be a deck (backing kitchen and dine). Just beneath where Al is working on the ladder here (the transition between kitchen and dine) Al is building a big island.

I also began my training program for the LI 1/2 this weekend. Did a 9 with Al K and another running/tri buddy, Brooks. The 3 boys ran in the snow for a nice 9er. We went along at about 9 minute pace. It was a nice run, but slow and treacherous because of the snow/ice. Still, it was good to get out beyond 5-6 miles again. It's been a couple of months since I've gone beyond 6.

Tonight I've got a basement biathlon on tap: 4 miles on the tread/one hour on the spin. I've got 30 days of Night lined up for the workout flick...spooky!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a fucking load-bearing wall you took down, ass!

Anonymous said...

I wondered why the fucking roof came down after.

Speaking of bearing loads, did everyone get a look at Ms. Bo Dacious (comment on Woody's post)?

Anonymous said...

Al Borland couldn't hit a carpet tack with a sledgehammer. His prowess at "nailing" was like shooting pool with a rope.

Anonymous said...

Al, you motherfucker. Watch where you be throwin' words like "spooky." We here, we're listening. This shit will stop!

Anonymous said...

Al,

Good work on the house. I'm sure it will be lovely.

I couldn't help but notice that you have a bald spot on the back of your head.

First home renovations, then hair implants?

Heywood Jablome said...

I love the floors big al. Nice work. When you are done, I could use your bald ass over at my place. Don't get any stupid ideas.

Anonymous said...

Tough fucking crowd on the internet these days.

Al, how about a few cans of this? Just don't mix them up with your wood veneer spray.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Where's your empathy, motherfuckers? Brother's follicularly challenged.

Those floors are nice. Minwax?

Anonymous said...

Minwax, my ass! After 4 different sand coats (ranging from about 25 grit to 200) I mixed my own colors using an old school company's (read: HIGH VOCs) pigments. I made enough to do my doors, when I get around to changing them out (8 of them = much mortising). Problem is that the color is a goner. The whole industry has no choice but to go water based /low VOC...this means shit colors.