Thursday, January 4, 2007

Le's Get This Party Started


Al here. 07 underway and a new blog project with these two clowns (Heywood and Fred). In this post, I plan to look ahead to my training and competition plans for 07 and take a look back at the year that was.

To start, me: I'm a marathoner and a triathlete. After a 4 year hiatus from competing (wherein I "had" 2 kids), I got back into the swing in late Spring 06. I did the Buffalo marathon and then over the summer, I did a triathlon. I finished the season by tearing a calf muscle. But I'm back now and feeling good. I'm planning for a late spring marathon to lead me into the triathlon season here on the right coast. My ultimate goal is to compete in a half ironman by Summer's end.

06 was a good year. But we did lose the Godfather of Soul at the end of the year.




Luckily, we got some deathless poetry(?) from the experience, excerpetd here for your reading pleasure (and much thanks to the artist, MC Hammer, for the verse):

James Brown: It's Time To Go Home
"Determined to make it,
His dance a threat,
His voice a power,
Combined,
A Cold Sweat,


It's Time To Go Home

His face was stone,
His hair was whipped,
Jaw line was bold,
His heart,
A warm morning mist,

It's Time To Go Home

Gifted to touch,
He gave so much,
Every show,
Each night,
And never lost his touch,

It's Time To Go Home

The pain of the struggle,
was etched in his face,
but the words from his mouth,
reflected God's grace,

It's Time To Go Home

Please Don't Go,
Master of the show,
Brothers gotta work it out,
We free but won't go

It's Time To Go Home

Say It Loud,
We need a theme,
Brothers killing Brothers,
We still Proud,
but we have no hope,
No dreams,

It's Time To Go Home

Dream young man,
Dream young girl,
Be like The GodFather Of Soul,
And conquer this man's world,

It's Time To Go Home

It official he was prophetic,
Hardest working man in show business,
proclaimed and vetted,

It's Time To Go Home

Now be still, sleep and rest,
prepare to minister your music,
on the highest level yet,

It's Time To Go Home

The author of melody has required your soul,
God knew when he made you,
Soul Brother Number One
you too cold!

It's Time To Go Home."

Truly brick, Hammer. Truly.

7 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

Quite fulfilling, indeed. And you should feel quite accomplished. 4 comments in 4 minutes is no small feat.

GVB said...

4 times? I once commented 6 times in one night, and so did my girlfriend...

Nice new textual adventure here, boyz. I knew ya'll were bi. Or at least bi-curious.

Hugh G. Balls said...

We be bicoastal. We got soul; we're superbad.

Heywood Jablome said...

Al, what the fuck does the Hammer and the King of Soul have to do with splashing in the water for a mile or two?

Hugh G. Balls said...

Blow me, Woody. What do washing cars, stripping a deck, and a little fucking drum have to do with karate? Huh? Huh! That's fucking right, pal.

Anonymous said...

Isn't blogging great? It allows grown, married men to come out of the closet via the internet. The good thing is...as soon as this country gets it's act together and allows two homosexuals to get married, allowing three men to all marry eachother is soon to follow.

Anonymous said...

It's a Love Thing, yo.