Saturday, April 14, 2007

du-AL



Al eats, drinks, and make merry

I went out last night with a number of my man friends (all except Fred who isn't aloud out on weeknights and doesn't have permission to travel to the big city without adult supervision). We went to the world's best steak house, Keen's Chop House, Manhattan. I had a great meal and a number of great beers. All was good.


This morning was completely screwed for AL.

This morning was another story. I had a food hangover and was a bit dry (couldn't seem to find the damn cat that slept in my mouth, though). Freddy and I were supposed to do a road ride this AM, but that got F'ed because I had to run to the airport to pick up a family member.

After the airport, I used some well placed whining and pissing to get myself out of a b-day party for a family friend's 5 year old. The mrs. gave me a pass and took the kiddies. YEE-HAWWWW!!!

So I made my own little duathlon in the 2 hours I had. First, I trucked over to my circuit course at Cedar Creek and pumped out 20 miles on the Cervelo. A bit windy but lovely riding weather. Then I did a quick transition and busted through a 4 mile run. Damn, I felt good. I thought I would be in a world of hurt after the dual heapings of abuse I've given my insides this week (Met's home opener then the chop house last night). But I was good to go (after a visit to deuce-ville, of course).

Now I am going to sit back and re-hydrate while watching the Mets play the Nats. "Nothing could be finer.."

6 comments:

Heywood Jablome said...

"I went out last night with a number of my man friends (all except Fred who isn't aloud out on weeknights and doesn't have permission to travel to the big city without adult supervision)."

What the hell am I then Al? I did not get the memo about the chop house. For God's sake, throw me a bone.

Moveitfred said...

I plan to. Did Freddy tell you we may make an important and pressing visit to a Sacramento salt mine to compare notes on the finer points of drilling and refining?

Heywood Jablome said...

Fred made Wood become aware of this possible business trip. I am currently lining up tours of scores of factories that manufacture a variety of liquid gold that can be distributed in small glass containers. Very stimulating things to come about.

Moveitfred said...

Ni-ice. Very ni-ice.

solobreak said...

Al, next Sunday, Wrentham Duathlon. I should have jello legs from the Turtle Pond race on Saturday. Get on your yacht and come on over.

Moveitfred said...

My yacht is prolly at the bottom of the harbor. I just saw some old fucker with a long beard pulling a line of animals down the block.