Saturday, March 8, 2008

port-AL

Today Al endured a fucking DELUGE and installed the triple panel slider and a triple panel casement at the back of his house. Both window and door were delivered at 7 AM. I considered calling an audible and letting the project wait until tomorrow, but both door and window are unfinished wood. I just did not want to risk letting them sit out in the rain. So it was TO WORK:

Before





During:





After:






The job went very smoothly. There was some waiting around during absolute biblical downpours. But other than that...smooth. Tomorrow I've got to Tyvek and rigid board insulate the exterior where I cut down the old siding. I've also got insulation, sheetrock, and electrical work to do inside. (Not to mention molding, spackling, painting etc etc etc) But I don't think all that will happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning is the LIRRC 10 miler. I plan to run it with Brooksy. I'm feeling rather battered. But I'll do what I can.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Heywood Jablome said...

You are like bob villa Al. Not bad for being a factory worker in NY.