Sunday, May 11, 2008

indestructib-AL etc.

This is one of those posts that has a lot of shit in it. I'm sitting in a Greenwich, CT hotel lobby drinking a pot of coffee while the mrs. does a spa treatment. (Weekend away for Mother's day, y'all.) So I've got some time on my hands...

1) Al K. accompanied me the other day to Runner's Edge for our new Wetsuits. We both got QR Ultrafull's. Cold water training will commense ASAP.

2) Related to #1, I've got the Ironclad Tri in Glen Cove on the 24th. This is a sprint tri, so the swim is only a 1/2 mile. BUT current avg. water temp is 56 degrees. I'm told it will climb a degree or so over the next 2 weeks. Awesome! I'm very glad I've invested in a full suit. prior to this, I only had a John (sleeveless) suit. No way a big pussy like me could do this tri in a cut suit.

3)I just finished kitting out my commuter bike. My trip to work is from a park and ride that's about 1/2 way to the factory. The trip is about 17 miles each way. HOWEVER...the roads SUCK. Pitted, potted, debris strewn etc. So I converted my MTB to a bomber commuter. I slapped on a Surly rigid fork and some killer armadillo slicks. A few other tweeks here and there completed the project. I'll put up pics at some point.

4) Fred staged a duathlon out East yesterday. I missed this, being away. But Al K told me it was a kick ass success. I'm looking forward to the next one. Fred makes things happen. He's a do-er. In that spirit...this vids for you, Freddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big fan of the two drunk euro chicks attempting the reach through and pull circus act. If anyone's got a followup of the hematoma, please post.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, here it is.

Anonymous said...

Lose weight, Big N?

Anonymous said...

Yo, where's yo empathy, brotha? It's a substance addiction.

megA said...

photos of you in skin tight wetsuits please