Sunday, January 28, 2007

80s Style Fred

Al here:
This morning featured some MTB riding for the boys. (I'm sure Fred will have more on this, so I won't pre-empt him. In fact, I think he got a good shot of my hairy ass during a post ride gear change. Keep your fingers crossed.) It was a good change of workout venue for me as the 38 miles I banged out in the last 5 days have left my poor feet more battered than normal.

But here's the heart of the matter: Freddy is looking ba-a-a-ad! He's down about 12 or so from his prior porky state and is looking lean and mean. (Actually, he's looking hungry and it made me kind of nervous. Mid ride we stopped after a black diamond circuit, and he was sizing up one of my limbs like a roast beef.) CONGRATS FREDDY! KEEP IT UP.

Pretty soon, Freddy will be kicking it 80s style, when he was a lean, mean racing machine. In honor of the new Fred-Lite, here are a few "tasty" 80s tid bits:



1.(If you can watch this one all the way through without cringing or slamming the stop button, you're a better man than I.)

2.(This always Winds Fred Up.)



3. Feel Like Rolling the Dice?





4. And, finally, a little something from the guru to keep you focused.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred is shooting for the Billy Squier look. If he reaches Squier Svelteness he will grow a shaggy mane in honor of "Emotions in Motion."

Hugh G. Balls said...

Grow all the hair you want / can (you're about two decades beyond the ability to have hair like that, but even a steer can try). But, I will personally beat you to death with whatever blunt / heavy object is within reach if you ever effect that Squier pose (elbows pinned to sides, wrists loose, hands flapping, feet sliding all over the fucking place) and start singing "rock me tonight."

In truth, the fucker could have just bent over a bit more, kept everything else the same and started in on "when you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way..."

And remember, if I told you once, I told you a thousand times, I love you!