Friday, December 21, 2007

digit-AL



This post could be titled verb-AL too. But I just used that one so...

Anyway, it has been a hard few weeks for the Als. We were supposed to close on our new house last week. We were at the table, but our buyers had a bank document problem. The closing was halted. as a consequence of that, I could not buy my new house, the guy I'm buying from couldn't close on the place he's moving and so on. 5 parties screwed up in that deal. No shit. Dominos! Looks like we'll be moving next week...we'll see.

This all has made my training a bit "scattered" to say the least. I've been slamming out quick 5s in the morning. When I can, I jump on the trainer for a bit in the evening. But as soon as I'm settled, it's back at it in a more organized manner.

And the 08 tri schedule is starting to trickle in. Looks good! I already screwed up though. I've been dying to do the NYC tri. The swim is in the Hudson. It starts up at about 100th and goes down to midtown--DOWNSTREAM. I hear it is really about steering not swimming as the river CARRIES your ass. The rest of the deal is right in Manhattan. Cool. Here's the big BUT: the announcement came out for it at the end of November. I said, "ok, let me do that..." But way lead on to way. Here I am not a month later...I go to the website. Fucker sold out in 1 week. SHIT! Ah anyway, there are plenty of races. More news on my 08 plans as I figure 'em out...

So here's the crux of this post. It's an interesting little linguistic analysis. I shared this with Fred. He wanted no part of my theorizing. See what you think:

"He, like, totally fingered me..."

So I’m on line at the Bagel Boss round the corner when I hear this conversation between the two almost 20 somethings in front of me.

"he, like, totally fingered me"

“No Way!”

Now, let me ask you this, what’s a “total” finger? What’s it being juxtaposed with, a partial finger? Finger fuck with an oral finish? Finger / oral / good ole fuckin’?

Al's theories on “total”:
my thinking is that the “total” here probably refers to one of two things
A) The totality of the act: he fingered her and that, besides some petting and kissing, is all there is to report. (Probably a first time too. This would explain the “no way.”)
B) She came from it. “Total” here describes the depth (orgasm) of her experience. (And I’m still going with the ancillary first time theory.)

One could posit third and fourth theories. These theories would revolve around “total” referring to the level of penetration he achieved with his finger, measured either in terms of knuckles or vaginal cavity. Or “total” referring to a qualitative assessment of the fingering: “totally fingered me” equalling “fingered me very well.” However, I think that these theories—as stand alones—are limited and likely not accurate. My guess is that these operate together as a sub set of the larger “she came” or B theory. In this reading, level of penetration / quality of fingering are related to each other and are contributing factors in the achievement of orgasm. Thus, an unpacking of the language, in theory B, might yield a translation of this sort: “he fingered me so well and so deeply that I achieved orgasm. “

Thoughts?

11 comments:

solobreak said...

Hey, you just reminded me, that's one we forgot when discussing the Beavis and Butthead Do Unix book in my comments. Finger, huh-huh. But nobody uses it anymore. But now we have fingerd . You sure they weren't just 'nix geeks? And what kind of bagels did they buy?

Heywood Jablome said...

My thoughts are what few readers we have of this blog are disappearing faster than those girls in line could reach an orgasm.

I can just picture our readers sharing this wonderful blog with their friends for the first time.

"These guys have great race coverage and hilarious stories about their training problems like going to the bathroom while running. Let's look at this latest post.... Oh, my goodness, what, excuse me. I must have the wrong blog."

Anonymous said...

You should try working with that ass.

Anonymous said...

What a pair of lilly livered douches you are.

Anonymous said...

Wait, what? The girls were talking about douching also?

Anonymous said...

No, these douches are bothered that I'm talking about girls.

Anonymous said...

Learn to speak Girlese (or Girlsleaze in this case). All it means is that he fingered her. End of story. The fact that you guys spend the day thinking and/or writing about this makes me wonder about your own abilities to lead a woman to orgasm.

Heywood Jablome said...

Mrs. Chef, I want you to notice something. Heywood NEVER spends the day thinking or writing about this. Interpret those abilities!

Anonymous said...

Wait a sec. Moveitfred doesn't think he spends countless hours waxing on about these performance techniques. Al?

Anonymous said...

No. I must defend Fred. He spends little time wondering how to bring a woman to orgasm. Fred spends all his time thinking about how to bring himself to orgasm.

Heywood Jablome said...

ABH,
I am a little worried how you even know that. Have you thought about going on the Jerry Springer show?