Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Over the river and through the woods

While reviewing Heywood’s purpose in life, He came to the conclusion that not much is going on. Most of Wood’s days consist of finding some stretch of uneven single-track to ride, dreaming of some hot little skirt to ride, or filling my throat with the golden liquid from the heavens. But, there is one thing in Woody’s pitiful life that actually contributes to the good of mankind, a search dog.

About 18 months ago, Heywood got some foolish idea to train his hyperactive dog to do something truly remarkable. With the help of a county search and rescue team, Team Heydog started this adventure; unsure what the fuck they were getting themselves into. Now, 614.5 hours later, 25,216 miles of driving came down to one day last week. Team Heydog took our certification test last Friday. The goal, find three victims who are scattered all over 110 acres at some god awful altitude within four hours. During the ordeal, that little shiteater led Wood up 1,000 vertical feet and through 9.16 miles of dense forest. Don’t want to bore you anymore with the details so here is the skinny on it. HEYDOG PASSED!!! Team Heydog is a certified Search and Rescue team. So go get lost.

On another note, the state of the trails is marvelous with the lack of water falling from the sky. The Blur did not have such a high-quality week though. The rubber on the wheel looked like it got run through a shredder. Next, the derailleur hanger had the appearance of a banana after a miscalculation on a jump. Subsequent to dumping some dough to glue this shit together, Heywood was back in business today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I should announce it here first....Extremeski is BiCoastal.

A visit to Moveitfred's last week on the right coast and a trip to Heywood's this weekend on the left. I don't ride bikes or do exercise of any kind, and my dog isn't a search and rescue dog, nor does she get sent away to the guide dog foundation to get knocked up to have a litter of mini guide dogs, so I don't have anything else to talk about, just seeing 2 of the 3 BiCoastals in two weeks.

Reilly Horne-Negal said...

Hello Boys!

Seems all of you are somehow involved with the doggies! As you can tell by the pic of little ol' me, I'm a BIG fan of the doggie!

Heywood, if I took a wrong turn out in the woods, think you and your hound could find me?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and that fucking hyper dog of yours. Moveitfred suggests you start cycles of ritalin immediately. Also, size up the bike.

Anonymous said...

And another thing, Moveitfred hopes the reference to "filling my throat with the golden liquid from the heavens" means this and not this.

Heywood Jablome said...

This is what I was referring to. Also, the fat tire is pleasant too. Fred, I can see where you were obviously befuddled.

Heywood Jablome said...

Horne,
A blind sloth could find you lost in a crater. Or, maybe the crater is lost in you.

Hugh G. Balls said...

Actually, the blind sloth is lost in her. I know. Bitch still has my college ring.

Reilly Horne-Negal said...

I LOVE IT when you boys talk dirty!

Hugh, you just wiggle on down to my place and get that ring. It's right where you left it, honey.