Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Intelligab-AL

In Which Al Says, Hmmph, Errr





It is hard, being a hero of the people. There is so much pressure to perform, to succeed, to battle for truth and justice, to stomp Commies. And so it is that I've come to my latest impasse. I just don't know what to do. My thoughts are all jumbled, and I can't make sense of my thinking. Thus I ask you, gentle reader, do I dare to eat a peach?

There's one last sprint tri at the very tail end of the season: The Cedar Beach Sprint Triathlon on 10/7.
There are MANY good reasons not to even think of doing another event this season:
  • My calf has only just come back enough from the injury to allow me to run. Can it sustain an intense event like this so soon? Will I re-injur myself?
  • This week is my first week back to running since my injury. I've been exercising over this last month, but the intensity has been, necessarily, low. Can I get myself even passably ready in a week and a half?
  • I've done no road work on the bike over the last month.
  • I've done no open water swims in this time frame.
  • I've only just gotten back out on the pavement running.
  • I own only a sleeveless suit...will I need a ballectomy to get my nuts out of my throat once I exit the icy L.I. Sound?
On the flipside, it's tough to come up with any good reasoning for DOING IT!!! I mean, there is no real point to pushing one more in so late in the season. It won't do anything for me over the long winter .

Well, maybe there is one reason...


It's there!!!!!!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the Cap't get bigger, or is Moveitfred taking pills?

Moveitfred said...

Interesting that you notice...
This is a Cap from '54. At that point in time, the Super Soldier program (which spawned such heroes as Cap, Pantocide, Isaah Bradley and, later through a related program, Wolverine and Fantomex) had not begun to concern itself with genital size. Experimentation on enhancement of the genitals in addition to the musculature began in the sixties, at first to ill effect
Later efforts, aided by the pharmaceutical exploration of the 60s, yielded much better results Thus, there is a quite discernible difference between this Cap (pictured here stompin' Commies), and
Cap of the current era.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that explains it.

GVB said...

Ok, first, you have to knock of the literary references. It makes me feel dumm.

Don't do the race. Asshole. You know you'll just hurt yourself again.

I on the other hand, am going to run the Portland 'Thon on a tweaked calf muscle. Sure, it might rip my achilles tendon right out of my leg, but so what?! Dr. Hilarious said I could do it. So I'm doing it, baby. Now I have an excuse for a slow finish time.

Anonymous said...

Captain BigUns