Friday, January 26, 2007

Against the Wind



So, as Fred alludes to in his prior post, I went to see Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan last night. Now, before I answer the most pressing of your question ("why the fuck would you do that Al?!"), let me tell you a bit about NYC lately. Folks, it is colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra doin' push ups in the snow in the middle of Antarctica! I walked to a restaurant about 2 avenues away from the station (meeting my brother, Willy Bangorhard, for dinner before our show). Afterwards, I thought I might have hypothermia.

Back to the question at hand, ("why the fuck would you do that Al?!"):

Al was remembering those Hollywood Nights, his big two wheeler, those dark haired beauties, Betty Lou and the way she'd get down, those trips to K-k-k-k-k-Kathmandu. Al was hoping to see Bob belting it out. Al was hoping for the legions of Harley chicks that used to follow the Silver Bullet band around. But....




Well, let's just say that things were not as Al would have wanted them.



And Bob, well, he still sound pretty good. But he ain't what he once was.




But then again, who is?

7 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

Fuckers got more wrinkles than my scrot. Then again, so do you three.

Reilly Horne-Negal said...

Hugh? Is that you? Remember the convention center in Omaha about six years ago? You left a little something with me during that trip that I need to return.

solobreak said...

If you'd pay money to see that fossil croon his decades old, overplayed pay-o-la crap then I'd think you'd find monotone nodcasts exciting. And thanks for the test pattern. I'm trying to figure out how to work it in and still stick to my one take, no editing production values.

Hugh G. Balls said...

Solo, just run the pattern 'stead of the cast.

Here's a moment you'd like from the show: Bob comes out to sing a new song. He says it is about "not selling out." I'm thinking, selling out...what, like selling your songs to car companies?"...Like a rock!

Hugh G. Balls said...

Reilly:

Baby, where you been?!!
Did you find my ring?! Or are you referring to the chicken thigh I lost beneath your left breast?

Heywood Jablome said...

Who the hell is Bob Seger? Kinda old to be starting his career, ya think?

Hugh G. Balls said...

Whoa, Heywood! Don't dis the poet. The man is an artiste:

There's a highway
A lonesome stretch of gray
It runs between us
And takes me far away
Out in the distance
Always within reach
There's a crossroad
Where all the victims meet

I close my eyes
And see her face
It' all I want to see
And deep inside
It still amazes me

Even now
She's all that I want
She's all that I need
Even now
She's givin' it all
She's givin' it free
Even now
When everything's right
When everything's wrong
Even now
She's keepin' me straight
She's keepin' me strong
She gets to me
Somehow
Even now


That's right.