Thursday, April 19, 2007

10 Mi-ALS



The weather is improving and the boys are chomping at the bit. May the 7th is the Long Island half for Al K and I. We'll use this race to jump start the tri season.

Yesterday, we banged out a nice 10 as a training run. The Als went out in 9 minute miles. We just kept a nice slow pace and stretched out the legs. At the turn around, we trimmed down to 8s and finished with low 7s (final mile at 7:10). It was a nice run...I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Triathlon season. Our first tri will be an Olympic distance on 6/9 up in CT.

How Al Killed a No Hitter

So last night I'm watching the Mets beat up on the fish with Dontrel Willis on the mound. John Maine was fantastic, and in the sixth he was still hitless. Like a real dickhead, I call my dad (who I knew was out to dinner). "Dad," I say, "get your ass into the bar. Maine is pitching a no hitt--" BANG! Just as the words are coming out of my mouth, Miguel Cabrera swats a soft single to right center. Why couldn't I keep my fucking mouth shut? Well, at least the fish and Willis got their asses handed to 'em by my Metropolitans. And Maine looked great!

3 comments:

Heywood Jablome said...

Way to keep traiing in that shitty weather out there.
You sure know how to f&^k things up for others. Don't talk about me to anyone please.

megA said...

that dude throws like a girl

Moveitfred said...

And he has no idea how to accessorize.