Saturday, April 21, 2007

first day with the new wheALs


Could it be? Yes it could!
Something's happening, something good!

Here Comes the sun...doo..do..doo...do



Wow what a morning to ride!!! The weather is just gorgeous. And after this shit spring, we deserve it! I popped on the new wheels for the first time, and away I went.





I did some big wheel grinding and pounded out 25 miles at a good clip. WHOA! These wheels are fast. They spin like tops. And it doesn't hurt that they're up near 130 psi. After the ride, I slung that little aero rocket into the back of the truck and ran a 5 miler. Nice du-AL workout for my saturday morning. Weather was so nice, I didn't want to stop.

On another note, who's gonna teach me how to change a tubular? I don't expect a flat, but I'm fucked if I get one. 'Bout all I know is it involves no tools and some glue. Nothing good can come of this.

8 comments:

megA said...

that shure is a pretty bahsickle

and yeah--you will be majorly effed if you flat a tubie whilst out training. in theory, you can throw another on there to get home--the leftover glue wil make it stick good enough for a straight line, not so good for a turn, but that other tubie needs to be very old and very very stretched out [insert sexual joke here] for you to easily change it on the road.

over and outtie

mega

Moveitfred said...

Fahk! So...in a race situation it's basically DNF, eh?

Anonymous said...

No, in a race you go to the pit and change wheels.

Wait, you tri guys don't have pit wheels. Or pits for that matter.

What the fahk did you get tubies for?

Look, forget what Meg said. I case of a flat, piss on the wheel to find the leak (golden bubbles will form). Then stick a piece of gum on the hole. It'll hold fine.

solobreak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
solobreak said...

You need a stem with more rise. I'm pretty sure the purpose of aerobars is to be more upright than lil' Freddie when he's watching Flashdance.

WTF dude? I've seen hybrids down at the old age project where Mom lives with bars lower than that.

Anonymous said...

Al likes to see what's going on up the road. As per several of his previous posts, Al's got gastro issues and needs to be on the lookout for release points.

Also, Solo, remember. Tri guys still gotta jump off the bike and run like banshees. Al doesn't want to put too much strain on his lumbar before he screams off into his strongest event.

solobreak said...

A curious source of defense... Did you do the fitting Freddie? Had some old parts from the wife's hybrid you wanted to unload? Is money really that tight?

Don't worry Al, soon apehanger aerobars will be all the rage.

Duathlon for me this morning (no, I don't get up at 5 on Sundays just to watch Gumby). Still a wreck from racing yesterday. Just threw the aerobars on, no testing. This is where preparation meets procrastination...

Heywood Jablome said...

I like Al, really, really nice.